So, you want to write a book! That’s great. A book can be an excellent tool for getting your name “out there”, growing your status as a “Trusted Advisor” or simply a forum for “telling your story”. Before you begin you need to set the framework; like everything you do you have to follow some core principles (I’ve outlined below) or you risk taking yourself and your audience on a tangent no one can follow.
3 Principles of a Solid Foundation:
- You need to know the specific goal or desired outcome that you have for your book.
- You need to know your audience’s main problem or concern that you can solve by writing this book.
- You need to be thinking about the conversation going on in the readers’ heads, so that you can hook them.
1. Why do you want to write a book?
2. What is the goal of your book?